Jul 4, 2011

Love letter

My wonderful sister wrote this sweet little letter to Gibson on her blog:

Gibster,
Sorry, Mister Gibster, but that is the first nickname that popped in my head. I'll call you that until you can tell me otherwise, deal? I wanted to let you know that your mommy has been waiting for you for a long time! For years and years, she's wanted a little baby. And now, she not only has one but she has you! As your favorite aunt, I promise to spoil you like your mom and dad spoil your cousins. I promise to give you cookies whenever you ask. Breakfast, sure! After you brush your teeth at night, no problem! I promise to buy you loud, fun toys. I promise to take care of and get as many stains out of Lane's clothes so you will continue to look like the little stud muffin that you already are. I promise you lots of sleep overs and fun trips. I promise to be a good listener when you want to vent about how uncool your mom and dad are. I promise to try to teach your mom how not to sweat the small stuff :) I promise to let you get as crazy and dirty as you want at our house. I promise to love you unconditionally. I promise to love you as you were my own. I promise to do everything in my power so that you, Lane, Annabelle and any of your future siblings grow up to be one big close-knit, obnoxious family. I promise you there are going to be times when you think our family is crazy and ruining your life. But I can also promise you that we will all do the best we can to raise you to be the wonderful, strong, independent, successful man that I know you will be. Welcome to Earth, Gibster! The world is a better place just because you are in it.

Love,
Aunt Sissy

No comments:

Post a Comment